The Horizon Europe Work Programmes 2023 – 2024: what to expect (part 2)
In an earlier article we highlighted the most important information of the Horizon Europe clusters for the Work Programmes of 2023 to 2024 that has been leaked by Science Business. In this part, we have gathered more information on themes and budgets for programmes such as the European Innovation Council (EIC) and Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA).
The European Commission will invest € 614 million in 2023 in the following five missions:
- Tackling cancer
- Adaptating to climate change
- Restoring our oceans, seas and waters by 2030
- Creating climate neutral and smart cities
- Protecting and restoring soil health and food
The European Innovation Council (EIC)
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA)
- The MSCA schemes will continue over the next two years;
- The doctoral training programmes receive € 885.95 million, € 531.22 million will be allocated to postdoctoral fellowships, € 159 million goes to staff exchanges, and € 195.85 million will be used for co-financing existing and new doctoral and postdoctoral schemes.
European Research Area
A part of the Horizon Europe budget must be used to increase and encourage participation in regions that underperform in the programme. As a result € 910.52 million will be put into making its research ecosystem more equitable.
Big science labs as part of this pillars will receive € 320.26 million (in 2023) and € 333.80 million (in 2024).
European Innovation Ecosystems
The total budget for 2023 and 2024 for the European Innovation Ecosystems is € 142.6 million. The goal is to fund projects that support EU partnership with the Eureka network as well as accelerate and strengthen innovation.
European Research Council (ERC)
More information on Horizon Europe
First and foremost: all information in this article is subject to change until the Work Programmes are officially published. However, we are happy to advise you on whether we see a possible match between a Horizon Europe programme and your project. Schedule a one-on-one meeting with one our Horizon Europe specialists to discover the funding opportunities!