Attracting talent and fostering research: ELISE opens call for AI-based projects
ELISE – European Network of AI Excellence Centres – has launched an interesting call for SMEs and start-ups that develop novel AI-based services or applications. ELISE is a network of artificial intelligence research hubs that spreads its knowledge and methods in academia, industry and society. The network aims to make Europe competitive in AI by fostering research through collaboration and inspire and be inspired by industry and society. Only the best 16 SMEs and startups with an innovative AI-project will receive funding through the call. Curious to the possibilities of the ELISE call? Continue reading!
General objective of the ELISE 1st Open Call
The general objective of the first ELISE-call is to support SMEs and start-ups by:
- Incorporating SMEs and start-ups into their machine learning (ML) ecosystem;
- Facilitating and accelerating a broad uptake of machine learning technologies by SMEs and start-ups;
- Ensuring that every SME and start-up has access to ML technologies and expertise within ‘working distance’.
What does ELISE have to offer to you?
ELISE will select 16 SMEs and start-ups that develop novel AI-based services or applications to enter a 6-month program. Are you one of the lucky companies selected by ELISE? Then you will receive:
- Up to € 60.000 (lump sum) to develop novel AI-based applications with the support of a scientific advisor;
- Visibility through ELISE online channels and events, and dissemination in the network’s community.
Who can submit an application?
Eligible applicants are individual SMEs (including start-ups) that are registered legal entities established in the Member States of the European Union and its Overseas Countries and Territories, Associated Countries to H2020 or The United Kingdom.
Your project has to be based on AI applications, preferably TRL 6-7 and IRL 6-7, that addresses the development and implementation of technology and systems in at least one of the following focus areas:
- Geometric Deep Learning: graph, group and gauge convolutions
- Robust Machine Learning
- Interactive Learning and Interventional Representations
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Robot Learning: Closing the Reality Gap
- Human-centric Machine Learning
- Theory, Algorithms and Computations of Modern Learning Systems
- Quantum and physics based Machine Learning
- Natural Intelligence
- Machine Learning in Earth and Climate Sciences
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Multimedia / multimodal information
- Information retrieval
- Explainability and Fairness in Data Mining
- Symbolic Machine Learning
Interested in realizing your AI innovation with ELISE?
Do you have a project in mind that will address high-impact societal and economic challenges using machine learning? Make sure to apply before 1 July 2021 13:00 CEST.
Seek the assistance of our specialists in writing a strong and concise proposal! Hezelburcht is specialized in supporting companies with acquiring grants. We provide full service in applying for European grants like the ELISE-call: from reviewing to proposal writing and project management. Feel free to contact us for more information.