Project Management for collaborative projects
The European Union and the Dutch government invest hundreds of millions of Euros annually to stimulate key themes and developments. One of the ways they do this is by financing collaborative projects (e.g. Horizon 2020 Research & Innovation Actions, Marie Curie ITN, CEF, INTERREG, NWO-NWA-ORC) across sectors, disciplines and borders.
Coordination and management of collaborative projects
Have you submitted a grant proposal for a collaborative project and/or has your proposal already been granted? Congratulations, the first major milestone has been reached! A successful project depends, however, on expertly implemented project management. As the principal investigator, you are responsible for the full coordination of the project, meaning its scientific as well as its administrative and financial aspects. Moreover, you need to inform and instruct the project partners concerning the rules and regulations set by the grant provider.
Often, the administrative and financial coordination of a collaborative project is not the core business of the principal investigator. We therefore advise bringing an experienced specialist on board who can keep track of deadlines, collect reports in a timely manner and coordinate the necessary actions so you are able to fully focus on the other (scientific) aspects of your project.
Our service | Support from start to finish
Hezelburcht can fully or partially take over the management of your project. Our project managers have extensive experience in the following areas:
Setting up grant and consortium agreements
- Providing strategic advice to partners
- Supporting negotiations between partners
- Giving legal support and advice
Day-to-day (financial) project management
- Collecting updates on financial and scientific progress
- Checking and reporting on deviations from the planning
- Monitoring adherence to the conditions as described in the consortium agreement
- Reminding partners of deadlines for financial and scientific reports
- Advising partners on financial guidelines
- Setting up cost statements
- Monitoring cost statements
- Sending formats and collecting input for scientific reports from partners
- Checking, editing and synchronising inputs from partners
- Finalising reports and submitting them to the grant provider
- Scheduling and preparing project meetings (setting up programmes, inviting participants, producing minutes, following up lists of activities)
- Scheduling and preparing training events (if applicable)
- Taking appropriate actions in case of changes to the work plan or consortium agreement and reporting to grant provider when appropriate
- Preparing amendments to the contract where required and appropriate
Are you interested in our services? Or would you like to get in touch with one of our specialists for advice? Please do not hesitate to contact us.