SMEs, knowledge institues and universities
Groundbreaking AI innovationsPersonal advice?
Based on the interest shown in the first call and the national priorities in the Eureka Member states for supporting the development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities, the EUREKA Clusters (CELTIC-NEXT, EUROGIA, ITEA3 and EURIPIDES2-PENTA and SMART) have announced a second EUREKA Clusters AI call! The new call for innovative projects in the AI domain has been launched in collaboration with a number of Eureka Public Authorities. The call is meant to boost productivity and competitiveness of European industries through the adoption and use of AI systems and services.
EUREKA Clusters AI call | Scope
AI is a fast-moving technology and has the potential of bringing the economy and society to the next level. AI innovations are applicable to a large number of areas, from solutions to climate problems to the development of AI systems and services in, for example, Cybersecurity, Agriculture, eHealth and many more.
The goal of the call: boost the development of innovations via transnational collaboration, advance economic growth and create a stronger society.
Application areas of the call
The Eureka Clusters AI call is open for project proposals in many different application areas, such as:
- Circular Economy
- Climate Response
- Electronic Components and Systems
- ICT and applications
- Industry 4.0
- Low Carbon Energy
- Transport and Smart Mobility
- Smart Cities
- Smart Engineering
- …and many more
- Projects need to be focused on state-of-the-art AI technologies.
- A consortium should include at least two companies from different EUREKA participating countries.
- The project partners must express their willingness to cooperate, on a win-win/fair basis in the development of a new product, industrial process Industry standard or service.
- The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be some technological risk involved.
- The project should benefit all involved partners in a well-balanced consortium.
- The project should generate an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technologic cooperation between the participants.
- Economic and Societal benefits to be obtained must be highlighted in the project proposal.
- A project consortium or cooperation agreement (PCA) must be signed between the project partners as soon as possible.
Participating countries and funding
In total, 14 countries are participating in this call: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and Turkey.
The amount of budget differs per country. For instance, the Netherlands has a budget of € 4 million, whereas Austria has an open budget. Furthermore, the amount of funding can also differ per country as well as per type of applicant (for example, SMEs or universities) and type of project (Industrial research of Experimental development). Want the know what the available budget and funding is for your country? Contact us for more information! We would be pleased to look into the funding possibilities for your project in your country.
Applying for the EUREKA Clusters AI
Are you working on a ground-breaking AI innovation and are you curious whether it meets the scope and requirements? Our specialists would be pleased to research whether your project and the EUREKA Clusters AI call are a match. We offer support with drafting a strong proposal as well as on how to manage your collaborative project. Contact us via 088 495 20 00 or email@example.com for an introductory meeting.