Ambitious and innovative SMEs, companies, universities and knowledge institutes
Collaborative projects focused on Electronic Components and Systems (ECS)
When to apply?
23 February 2023 (project outlines)
25 May 2023 (full project proposals)In need of advice?
Build your RD&I consortium, access funding and manage your collaborative projects with the Eureka Cluster Xecs. Xecs brings together partners that are active in Electronic Components and Systems (ECS) into R&D and innovation ecosystems. The cluster is open to SMEs, large enterprises, universities and research and technology organisations with the ambition to collaborate on an international level and take their projects beyond the state-of-the-art.
The second call for projects will be launched on 29 September 2022. The deadline for this call is scheduled on 23 February 2023 (project outlines) and 25 May 2022 (full project proposals).
The cluster is specifically designed to accelerate the pace of sustainable industrial innovation in the ECS community. It encourages disruptive innovations and enables sustainable competitiveness and growth for all partners involved in a Xecs project.
Xecs succeeds the successful Penta and Euripides Clusters. These two clusters have jointly launched several calls and have stimulated more than € 400 million of RD&I projects with over 500 partners over a timeframe of six years. The Eureka clusters as a whole have continuously demonstrated the importance of groundbreaking innovations and its ability to create global impact through collaborative innovation.
Your project can make a difference
The first call for projects will be launched on 28 September 2021. Has Xecs piqued your interest? Your project might be eligible if it fulfills the following criteria:
- Your project is industry driven, technically innovative and application oriented.
- Your project aims to develop an innovative product(s), process(es) or service(s).
- Your project reflects market demand, market pull and market expectations at least two years after completion of the project.
- In all projects, the consortium must include at least two partners from a minimum of two Eureka countries, covering at least an essential section of the complete ECS value chain.
Participating in this call consists of the following four phases:
- Project idea development: develop potential ideas and start looking for partners for your idea(s);
- Consortium building: After the launch of the call, you’ll continue developing your project idea(s), invite partners to join or join projects led by others. Xecs will organise events during this time to promote networking and idea sharing;
- Project submission and evaluation: submit your project in two stages, the Project Outline and a Full Project Proposal;
- Project management: after funding is confirmed, your project will be initiated at a “kick off” meeting. Throughout the three years of your project, you’ll work on reporting and reviewing the process.
Optimal support by Hezelburcht
Are you interested in applying? Our specialists would be pleased to support you with your Xecs application. They have developed extensive expertise in supporting every step of the grant acquisition process. They are also experienced in project management and are able to partially or fully coordinate your project. Especially in a collaborative, internationally-oriented call for proposals such as within the Xecs Cluster this will be a valuable asset to the success of your project. Contact us via 088 495 20 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an introductory meeting!