Ambitious entrepreneurs and researchers
Digital innovation projects
Budget 2021 – 2027
€ 7.5 billionMore information on Digital Europe
“A stronger digital Europe”
That is the goal of the Digital Europe association. The transition to a more digital European society is important to Europe’s future prosperity and resilience. To support this vision, the European Commission introduced Digital Europe as part of the Multiannual Financial Framework of 2021-2027: Horizon Europe. The aim is to strengthen Europe’s digital capacity and facilitate a wide deployment of digital technologies, to be used by citizens, businesses and public administrations. Would you like to contribute to this cause? This programme is supporting innovations in five crucial areas: supercomputing, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, advanced digital skills and ensuring the wide use of digital technologies across the economy and society.
Digital Europe theme’s
Businesses, organisations and public administrations are able to submit applications for topics such as:
- data spaces
- artificial intelligence (AI)
- blockchain infrastructure
- digital solutions for better government services
Why Digital Europe?
The programme is meant to drive the digital transformation of Europe and accelerate its recovery. Especially now, with the current pandemic, there is an increased need to invest in Europe’s digital capacities. The programme is meant to fill the gap between the research of digital technologies and their deployment, and to bring the results of research to the market. Digital Europe is particularly aimed at innovations by SMEs for the benefit of Europe’s citizens. In the end, Europe will be greener, more digital and more resilient.
- Supercomputing: € 2.2 billion
- Build up and strengthen the EU’s supercomputing and data processing capacities
- Cloud, data and Artificial intelligence: € 2.1 billion
- Invest in and open up the use of artificial intelligence by business and public administrations, set up a true European data space, Strengthen and support existing artificial intelligence testing and experimentation facilities
- Cybersecurity: € 1.7 billion
- For instance, strengthening and supporting the wide deployment of cybersecurity capacities
- Advanced digital skills: € 580 million
- Supporting the design and delivery of specialized programmes and supporting the upskilling of the existing workforce
- Ensuring the wide use of digital technologies across the economy and society: € 1.1 billion
- For example, building up and strengthening the network of European Digital Innovation Hubs or support the uptake of advanced digital and related technologies by the industry, notably small and medium-sized enterprises.
More information and support
We would be pleased to find out whether your project is a potential fit for Digital Europe or any other interesting grant programme. Contact us via 088 495 20 00 or email@example.com for an introduction meeting.