Improve the food system with the EIT Food Open Call 2022
Sustainable, safe and healthy food is needed everywhere in the world. To improve the current food system, EIT Food aims to maximise the societal, economic and environmental impact of innovative ideas. You are therefore now able to receive funding with the EIT Food Open Call for activities that bring innovative technology solutions to the market in the agrifood sector!
What kind of proposals can receive funding?
EIT Food has stated four primary Impact Goals for food system change:
- Improving conditions for enhanced public trust in the food system;
- Reducing the relative risk of obesity and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) that are caused by dietary factors;
- Improving the environmental impact of agri-food systems;
- Enabling the transition to a circular & sustainable economy.
All organisations eligible for Horizon Europe funding are also eligible for funding from EIT Food and can now submit a proposal for innovative technology solutions that align with these goals.
There are a few key elements that must be included in your proposal:
- Your proposal is focused on (one or more) near-to-market, commercially viable innovative technology solution aligned with the abovementioned goals;
- Your innovative solutions must have (at least) a TRL level 7 at the time of proposal submission;
- Regardless of the duration of the activities, you must launch at least one innovative solution by 31 December 2023. This includes a revenue of at least € 10.000. Activities ending in 2024 must launch an additional marketed innovation by 31 December 2024.
Interested in the EIT Food call?
Proposals can be submitted until 14 January 2022. Our specialists are pleased to support you with your application. They can help you during all or parts of the grant acquisition process: from a proposal review to writing and submitting your proposal. This way, you can focus fully on the demonstration and launch of the innovative solution.
Contact us for advice
Or call us directly: 088 495 20 00