Innovation projects in collaboration with foreign partners
Technology Readiness Level (TRL)
4 – 6
40-50% up to € 500.000Get in touch
Eurostars, a European funding programme, supports R&D-performing SMEs with the development of marketable innovative products, processes and services. In order to be eligible for Eurostars, you have to work together with foreign partners from at least one of the other Eurostars countries*. Only the best projects will receive funding.
When can you apply for Eurostars in 2023?
The fourth Eurostars call is open for applications from 10 February to 13 April 2023. The fifth Eurostars call is open from 14 July to 14 September 2023.
What projects are eligible for Eurostars?
A project must meet a number of criteria in order to be eligible:
- The project is led by an innovative SME from a Eurostars country;
- The consortium consists of at least 2 independent entities;
- The consortium consists of entities from at least 2 Eurostars countries;
- At least 50% of the project’s budget is carried by the SME;
- No participant or country is responsible for more than 70% of the project costs;
- The project lasts up to 36 months;
- The project has an exclusive focus on civil applications.
What is the grant contribution?
Eurostars offers a maximum of € 500.000,- per innovative project. Project partners can receive 40% or 50% of their total R&D-costs:
- SME’s: 50%
- Research organisations or universities: 50%
- Large company and other participants: 40%
What are the Eurostars countries?
Project partners in the following countries can participate: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
Please note: in 2023 (Eurostars call 4) several countries decided not to participate. These are Norway, Sweden, Greece, Israel, Bulgaria and Slovenia.
Hezelburcht has a high level of knowledge of European grant programmes and applies for European grants for various international organisations and consortia. Should you have any questions or like to receive more information about Eurostars? Please do not hesitate to contact us via 088 495 20 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org.