Water, Maritime & Delta
The position of the Netherlands along the North Sea provides opportunities and advantages, including in the field of logistics. Ports such as Port of Rotterdam are considered to be the ‘Gateways to Europe’ for a reason. Yet we are also at the mercy of the water. Much of the Netherlands lies far below the ever-rising sea level. We therefore cannot survive without dykes. The Afsluitdijk, for instance, has protected us from floods for over 90 years. This relationship with water has made us an authority on Water, Maritime and Delta technology. We regularly share our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. Several Dutch and European grant schemes encourage this exchange and innovation within the sector.
Funding opportunities for Water, Maritime & Delta
There are interesting opportunities for all kinds of organisations active within the Water, Maritime & Delta sector:
- The Dutch MIT grant is a broad scheme that offers support to SMEs in setting up innovative projects.
- Partners for Water, also a Dutch funding programme, is for entrepreneurs, research organisations and non-profits carrying out (jointly) pilot projects and feasibility studies on water security abroad. This includes not only sustainable waterways and ports, but also, for example, safe drinking water and sanitation.
- The European Innovation Council (EIC) offers funding opportunities for state-of-the-art technologies and innovations, such as in the sector Water, Maritime & Delta.
- Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) is an important instrument for creating a stronger and more sustainable Europe. Improving transport along (inland) waterways is an important theme within this programme.
- The EU programme Interreg offers various funding opportunities for cross-border cooperation projects for a stronger and more sustainable Europe, including in the North Sea area with Interreg NSR.
In addition to these schemes, there are numerous other grant opportunities. Contact us to discuss the possibilities for your organisation or project.
Discover the opportunities
Are you working on a project, innovation or research that could make a valuable contribution to the eternal struggle against water? Our specialists have extensive experience in advising and supporting all kinds of organisations within the Water, Maritime & Delta sector. Discuss the opportunities with a specialist during an introductory meeting, free of charge. Contact us at 088 495 20 00 or email@example.com to schedule a meeting.