All kinds of organisations with sustainability ambitions
Environment and Climate projectsMore information on LIFE
The LIFE programme is an important European instrument for the development and implementation of European nature and environmental policy. For the period 2021-2027, € 5.43 billion will be invested in projects which contribute to a better living environment. LIFE focusses specifically on governments, companies and non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
LIFE programme for Environment and Climate
The LIFE programme has two sub-programmes: Environment and Climate action, each with its own priorities and budgets.
|Environment: Nature and Biodiversity||
|Environment: Circular Economy and Quality of Life||
|Climate: Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation||
|Climate: Clean Energy Transition (CET)||
Type of grants
- Standard Action Projects (SAP)
- Strategic Nature Projects (SNAP)
- Strategic Integrated Projects (SIP)
- Technical Assistance Projects (TA)
- Other Actions Grants (OAG)
- Operating Grants (OG)
There are several calls for proposals in 2022. Below you will find the (preliminary) deadlines:
- Standard Action Projects (SAPs) for Circular Economy and Quality of Life, Nature and Biodiversity, Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation sub-programmes: September 2023
- LIFE Action Grants for Clean Energy Transition sub-programme: Mid-November 2023
- Strategic Integrated Projects (SIPs) and Strategic Nature Projects (SNAPs):
- Concept notes: September 2023
- Full proposals: March 2024
- Technical Assistance preparation for SIPs and SNAPs: September 2023
- Specific Operating Grant Agreements (SGA OG) for non-profit making entities: September 2023
More information on the LIFE programme?
LIFE projects must be innovative and demonstrate a new technique or approach. Each year, there is a term in which applications can be submitted per project category. Would you like to know more about the opportunities LIFE can offer your organisation? Get in touch with our specialists via 088 495 20 00 or email@example.com!