NWO has changed the agenda for Rubicon, Veni, Vidi and Vici calls
On April 9th, the Dutch NWO announced that it will adjust its planning with regards to their Talent Programs Rubicon, Veni, Vidi and Vici due to the corona crisis. NWO has decided to do so as they want to give all applicants equal opportunities and to ensure a transparent and careful assessment.
Due to the measures taken by the government to prevent the spreading of the corona virus, NWO fears that the required preparation time for applications, but also the availability of the referees, the members of the assessment committees and the employees of NWO are currently at stake.
The most important changes are:
- May 13th 2020: deadline for 1st round (instead of March 31st).
- December 1st 2020: combined deadline for the 2nd and 3rd round.
VENI round 2020
- Rebuttal: remaining requests for rebuttals will be sent between April and June; the time frame for corrections will be doubled.
- Interview: selection and invitations will be in June, interview days in September 2020, results will follow in October.
VENI round 2021
- Deadline for pre-applications in the domains SGW, TTW and ZonMw will shift to January 2021.
VIDI round 2019
- Interviews will shift to September.
- If you will be rejected after the interview, you have the choice (1) to be resubmitted in 2020 with an adjusted deadline of December 1st 2020 or (2) to resubmit in 2021. In both cases the reference date of October 1st 2020 will be maintained.
VIDI round 2020
- For regular submissions the deadline of October 1st 2020 remains unchanged.
VICI round 2020
- The deadline for pre-applications remains April 30th, 2020 (as previously announced).
The Talent Programmes for innovative research
The Dutch NWO Talent Programme offers personal grants (Veni, Vidi, Vici) to talented, creative researchers who engage in innovative research. The funding enables applicants to do their own line of research. This boosts innovative research and promotes mobility within scientific research institutes.
Rubicon aims to encourage talented researchers at Dutch universities and research institutes run by KNAW and NWO to dedicate themselves to a career in postdoctoral research.
Do you have questions about these changes? Or would you like to know more about the possibilities for your research project? Feel free to contact us!