Green Deal grants | What we know so far
The European Commission (EC) has set out the goal of making Europe climate neutral by 2050. To support this, the EC launched the ‘European Green Deal’ under the current Horizon 2020 programme. This initiative – also known as a roadmap – will execute policy, guidelines and measures. The Green Deal also includes several grants. The exact requirements are yet to be determined, but for the time being the programme will focus on eleven different areas.
The eleven Green Deal areas
The first Green Deal round will accept application from September 2020 to January 2021. Your project must fit one of the following areas:
- Call area 1: Increasing climate ambition: cross-sectoral challenges
- For example innovations the fight extreme bush fires.
- Call area 2: Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Such as offshore energy projects or building a 100 MegaWatt electrolyser. Read more here.
- Call area 3: Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Building a circular economy with the use of circular energy.
- Call area 4: Energy and resource-efficient buildings
- Constructing buildings in an effective manner with the use of sustainable energy sources.
- Call area 5: Sustainable and smart mobility
- The development of green ports and airports. Read more here.
- Call area 6: Farm to Fork
- The testing and demonstration of innovative, sustainable food.
- Call area 7: Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Innovations that help restore and renovate our ecosystem and biodiversity.
- Call area 8: Zero-pollution, toxic-free environment
- Innovative solutions against the emmission of harmful substances, such as chemicals.
- Call area 9: Strenghtening our knowledge in support of the European Green Deal
- The development of products and services that support climate adaptation and mitigation.
- Call area 10: Empowering citizens for transition towards a climate neutral, sustainable Europe
- Encouraging citizen participation and behavior modification regarding climate change.
- Call area 11: Accelerating the clean energy transition and access in partnership with Africa
- Expediting and demonstrating innovations regarding energy transition in Africa.
The former eight call areas reflect key work streams of the Green Deal call and target specific, high-impact technological and societal innovations. These areas are aimed at advancing sustainable transition relatively quickly. The latter (area 9, 10 and 11) focuses on achieving long-term transformations such as empowering citizens and international cooperation.
Note: The areas might be subject to change, as the EC still has to make a formal decision on the themes. A binding text will be published following the formal decision by the EC. We’ll keep you updated on any changes.
More information about the Green Deal call?
Are you interested in the call in general or would you like to know more about any of the specific focus areas? Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information!
Our specialists have extensive knowledge of European grants and calls. Hezelburcht is a major proponent of sustainable efforts. We would therefore be pleased to support your Green Deal project and contribute to a cleaner and more sustainble world.
Contact us for more information
Or call us directly: 088 495 20 00