Brave New Food
Startups, scale-ups and SMEs
Innovative sustainable food solutionsMore information
Brave New Food is now open for new ideas from innovators, startups and scale-ups for sustainable food solutions! Are you currently working on a solution that is key to accelerating the transition to a sustainable and healthy food system? Then pitch your solutions and collaborate with like-minded organisations, from food corporates to retailers and distributors, to make an impact on our food system.
For whom is Brave New Food?
Startups, scale-ups, SMEs and other innovators can submit a pitch and receive funding for next generation sustainable food solutions.
Where does your solution fit?
The current Open call is divided into Industry Challenges and Company Challenges. Industry Challenges are current challenges on behalf of the partners of Brave New Food. The Industry Challenges are:
- Alternative proteins
- Valorization of (food) side streams and food waste
- Reduce single use packaging
- From global to local (supply) chains
- Wildcard 2022 for all innovative solutions that do not fit within one of the other challenges
Or perhaps your solutions is a better fit for the needs of an individual company? Then you can submit your idea within one of the Company Challenges:
- More sustainable dairy packaging (Superunie)
- Help people switch to plant-based diets (Bonduelle)
- Valorization of potato waste (Lamb Weston)
- Vegan Cheese (FrieslandCampina)
- More sustainable and healthier pastries (Victoria Trading)
- Insects in food products (Foodvalley NL)
- Ingredients from residual flows (Zeelandia)
- Valorization of meat waste (Superunie)
- Brewer’s spent grain (BSG) (Foodvalley NL)
- Transparent sustainable packaging (The Greenery)
- Vegan whipped cream (Brave New Food)
Funding can come in the form of, for example, subsidies, (soft) loans or investments and will range from € 100.000 up to € 1.000.000.
Interested in applying for Brave New Food?
Interested in similar or other interesting grant opportunities? Or would you like to learn more about our services? Contact us via 088 495 20 00 or email@example.com for more information!