EC proposes € 350 million to support Green Deal innovators
Innovations combatting CO2-emmissions are indispensable in the fight against climate change. On March 3rd 2020, the European Commission published the long-awaited draft work programme for the Green Deal call with a budget of € 350 million.
Biggest European grant budget for energy-innovations
This Green Deal call is part of the European Innovation Council (EIC) Pilot from Horizon 2020. The call aims at supporting market-creating innovations that contribute to the goals of The European Green Deal.
What do we already know?
- There will be € 300 million available via a one-off call under the EIC Accelerator pilot. The budget aims to support start-ups and SMEs to develop or scale breakthrough innovations that address at least one of the eight goals of The European Green Deal:
- Increasing the EU’s climate mitigation and/or adaptation ambition;
- Supplying clean, affordable and secure energy;
- Transitioning of industry to a clean and/or circular economy (including waste prevention and/or recycling);
- Building and renovating in an energy and resource efficient way;
- Accelerating the shift to sustainable and smart mobility;
- Transition to a fair, healthy and environmentally-friendly food system;
- Preserving and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity;
- Realising a zero pollution ambition and a toxic-free environment.
- The draft work programme shows new opportunities for start-ups and SMEs with female leads (CEOs, etc.) under the EIC Accelerator.
- Deadline for submission is 19 May 2020.
The definite work programme will be published later this month and will have legal standing. Today, 4 March 2020, the Green Deal Climate Law is being discussed in Brussels.
We will keep you posted about the latest developments on our website! Do you have questions about the Green Deal call or would you like to know more about the developments in Brussels? Feel free to contact one of our European Affairs Managers: Hager Bassyouni & Jeroen Plantinga.
Contact us for more information
Or call us directly: 088 495 20 00