The new Innovation Fund 2023 call announced
The Innovation Fund is one of the largest ‘funding’ programmes in the world. You can apply for Innovation Fund if you are working on a large- or small-scale innovation project focused on low-carbon technologies. The new Innovation Fund 2023 call has been announced. You can apply for the Innovation Fund on 23 November 2023. The EU Hydrogen Bank Pilot Auction also opens on 23 November 2023.
Which projects are eligible?
You can apply for Innovation Fund as an individual company or as a (multinational) partnership for large- and small-scale investment projects focusing on the following areas:
- Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS)
- Low-carbon technologies /processes in energy intensive industries
- Renewable energy generation
- Energy storage
In addition, your project must meet the requirements below:
- Your project shows effectiveness of GHG emissions avoidance
- Your project shows a high degree of innovation
- Your project is considered mature enough
- Your project is assessed on scalability (market potential in 2050)
- Your project is assessed on cost efficiency (based on calculations of capital and operational expenditures and requested grant in relation to promised GHG emissions avoidance).
Applying for the new Innovation Fund call
You can submit grant applications as of 23 November 2023. You can be compensated up to 60% of the project costs.
Need support with your Innovation Fund application?
Our EU specialists support you in drafting and submitting a strong project proposal. With the expertise and skills of our specialists, you optimise your chances of success. Questions about the new opening of the Innovation Fund? Or curious about our services? Contact us for more information!