Over € 32 million of grant support available for ZonMw post-COVID research programme
The post-COVID Grant programme is a new initiative launched by the Ministry of Health, Welfare, and Sport (VWS) in collaboration with ZonMw. It aims to address the persistent health issues experienced by some individuals after recovering from SARS-CoV-2 infection, commonly known as post-COVID symptoms. The primary goal of the program is to enhance knowledge and expertise in diagnosis, treatment, and care optimization for post-COVID patients.
Post-COVID grant program: research, knowledge infrastructure, and expertise network
Construction of the grant programme
The program is structured around four main strategies:
- Strengthening Research Infrastructure: Promote comprehensive research on post-Covid by establishing a research and expertise network. This network will accelerate research results and disseminate knowledge to healthcare professionals and patients promptly.
- Developing knowledge on post-COVID: Develop urgently needed knowledge on the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of post-COVID. This will also link to research on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and other (post-infectious) conditions that cause persistent symptoms.
- Adjustments to Care: Facilitate the (further) development and adjustments of post-Covid patient care organization to improve patient outcomes and enhance their quality of life.
- Knowledge Dissemination: Making the developed knowledge and expertise accessible to healthcare professionals and patients to ensure its effective use.
The program is divided into two main lines:
- Research Infrastructure and Collaboration: A research and expertise network will be established to accelerate research outcomes and ensure efficient knowledge transfer. The network will collaborate with relevant stakeholders in policy, research, and practice.
- Research Program: The research program will be divided into six themes that will guide the research to be funded. These themes are preclinical biomedical research, epidemiological research and diagnostics, innovative treatments, care evaluation, follow-up research/rapid translation, and policy and topical questions.
For whom is the grant programme intended?
Central to the program are individuals suffering from post-Covid symptoms. Their needs and experiences are considered from the design phase through implementation. The involvement of organizations representing post-Covid patients ensures their voice is heard throughout the process.
Apply for post-COVID grant programme
The grant instruments include preliminary studies/inventories, open and/or demand-driven rounds, and practice incentives and policy questions. The program has a total budget of more than € 32 million and is scheduled to run until the end of 2026. The program aims to schedule grant rounds according to the following timetable. Changes to the schedule may occur based on current events or evolving insights.
|Demand-driven grant round aimed at setting up the research and
|Three grant rounds for the following themes:
Themes may be combined in grant rounds where applicable
|Grant round for care evaluation
|Grant round for follow-up research based on topical and policy-related urgent questions
Hezelburcht provides optimal grant support
Do you have questions about the Post-COVID grant programme? Our specialists have a lot of knowledge about the grant and are happy to help. Contact us at email@example.com or call directly on 088 495 20 00.