Horizon 2020 | European research programme
Horizon 2020 is the biggest European funding programme for research and innovation. Research institutions, individual researchers and companies can access a budget of € 80 billion until 2020. The programme encourages scientific breakthroughs and innovation by the academic and private sectors.
Horizon 2020 flagships
The Horizon 2020 programme focuses on three main pillars:
The Excellent Science pillar aims to improve the excellence of the European science base. The stimulation of both the training and mobility of researchers, as well as improving fundamental research, are activities designed to help make Europe a more attractive location for research talent.
- European Research Council
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions
- European Research Infrastructure, including e-Infrastructure
- Future and Emerging Technologies
Investing in key industrial technologies will maximise the potential of European companies to grow into leading international companies. To achieve this, the Industrial Leadership pillar focuses on access to financing, fast and innovative breakthroughs, and encouraging more innovation in SMEs.
- Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies
- Access to risk finance
- Innovation in SMEs
An integrated and multidisciplinary approach will provide solutions to social challenges. Funding is available for challenges in the areas of clean and efficient energy, smart and green transport, health, and climate action.
- Health, Demographic Change and Well-being
- Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy
- Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials
- Secure societies – Protecting the freedom and security of Europe and its citizens
- Smart, Green and Integrated Transport
- Europe in a changing world – Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
- Food Security, Sustainable Agriculture and Forestry, Marine, Maritime and Inland Water Research and the Bioeconomy
Hezelburcht has extensive experience in supporting Horizon 2020 applications. This includes setting up grant projects, building consortia and writing and submitting the final applications. Because of their high-quality backgrounds in relevant fields, our consultants are able to support applications for all the previously mentioned sections and topics.