Eurostars for market-oriented R&D
Eurostars, a European funding programme, supports R&D-performing SMEs with the development of marketable innovative products, processes and services. In order to be eligible for Eurostars, you have to work together with foreign partners from at least one of the other Eurostars countries*. Only the best projects will receive funding.
Applications must meet a number of eligibility criteria in order to proceed:
- The main applying participant should be an R&D-performing SME, investing 10% or more of its full-time equivalent or annual turnover in R&D activities.
- At least two participants (legal entities) from two different Eurostar countries should be involved.
- 50% of the total project costs related to R&D activities should be carried out by the participating SME(s). Some outsourcing is allowed.
- Activities must balance out between countries/regions and consortium partners, meaning no participant or country will be responsible for more than 75% of the declared project costs.
- The project must be completed within three years.
- The market introduction must occur within two years after completion of the project.
Applying for Eurostars
The programme has two annual submission deadlines. The first deadline for submission of proposals is 13 September 2018.
Should you have any questions about Eurostars, please do not hesitate to contact us.
* Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.